The application for the master program is possible for the summer and winter term. Please note that you can only apply once the application period for the respective semester has started! You can find details here. The current application periods are:
- December 09, 2021 to January 15, 2022 for applicants for the summer term 2022 and
- April 07, 2022 to July 15, 2022 for applicants the winter term 2022/2023
The application for the master program must be submitted online, via the campo portal (see video below).
- Register an account in the FAU-IdM System.
- Sign in at the campo portal.
- Submit your online application (in campo).
- Wait for notification from FAU.
- your Curriculum Vitae ( CV)
- your letter of motivation (VERY IMPORTANT, please tell us WHY you chose AI Master at FAU)
- your secondary school’s leaving certificate (and English translation) (High school certificate)
- university entrance exam (if available, e.g. Iran)
- your university certificates (and English translation). In case you do not have your Bachelor certificate at the time of applying to FAU we need a confirmation of your university that you will get the Bachelor´s certificate soon
- the international transcript (grades sheet) of the courses you have attended
- TOEFL score report OR other comparable proof of English language ability (certificates from language learning apps like DuoLingo are not sufficient!). If your Bachelor´s was taught exclusively in English, a confirmation of the university is sufficient.
- APS certificate (China)
- any certificates of English or German language courses you have taken part in
- GRE is not mandatory, but if you have a certificate it is very helpful
Incomplete applications will not be considered!
All applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Completion of an excellent Bachelors degree or a corresponding qualification in Computer Science, in a related scientific or technical field, or in Mathematics.
- Proficiency and experience in both using and programming computers. Besides familiarity with the basic concepts of computers and Computer Science, we expect that you have solid programming experience.
- A well-rounded education in Mathematics.
- International Students
- A solid command of the English language – TOEFL score of at least 560 or equivalent qualification, e.g. confirmation of the university that the Bachelor´s programme had been taught in English.
- students should be interested in a stay in Germany for at least two years.
What happens with your application
- The full application documents will be evaluated by two professors. The results of the evaluation will be submitted to the admissions committee.
- The admissions committee decides on your admission to the master program.
- You are not at any point required to sent any documents as hard copies.
- The Master Office will check your documents with regard to the formal requirements.
- If your application meets the formal requirements you will officially be admitted into the program.